The mission of the Maricopa Priorities initiative is to develop and implement a reflective process
through which the Maricopa Community Colleges District (MCCCD) can assess current areas of
educational excellence. This process will help to realign resources to allow for further support and
opportunities to meet community needs and advance the mission of MCCCD.
Purpose and Goal
The purpose of the Maricopa Priorities initiative is to:
- Examine and assess all current instructional and support programs and services
- Explore the origins of instructional and support programs and how they have evolved over time
- Determine how instructional and support programs serve the community’s changing
- Evaluate whether or not instructional and support programs are positioned to meet the current
and future educational requirements of Maricopa’s communities
By prioritizing programs and services based primarily on demands, expectations, and outcomes, MCCCD
can align efforts and resources to focus on maintaining, improving, and building programs and centers of
excellence that will substantially contribute to student success.
- Submit Feedback
- Local Team Members
- District Maricopa Priorities Home Page
Maricopa Priorities College Forums
PC employees were encouraged to attend one of the campus forums for Maricopa Priorities. The Local Champion, Steering Team Co-Chairs, Task Force Co-Chairs and the District Project Manager provided a background, timeline and update on the process. In addition, all attendees were given the opportunity to ask questions about the process or provide comments on a particular recommendation.
The forums were held on the dates below.
3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
John Paul Theater