Administrative Office Professional
The Administrative Professional Program is designed to provide training for various office support positions. These positions are generally identified as entry level (clerical), information processing, or advanced administrative support. The curriculum incorporates language, people, and technological skills essential for job success.
Office Support courses are available to build skills that can be applied in any office setting. Our classes cover the Microsoft Office Suite - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. We also offer more intensive classes in Word and Excel, keyboarding classes to improve your speed and accuracy, and an introductory computer class.
Knowledge and Skills
Skills and knowledge gained in the program include the ability to:
- Produce business documents such as letters memos, tables, and reports utilizing keyboarding, proofreading and editing techniques.
- Apply basic knowledge and skills necessary for a receptionist, including office communication, telephone skills, mail methods, and calendar mangement.
- Identify and apply correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and word usage to business documents.
- Access and use the Internet as a communication tool and as a source of information.
Program Certificates & Degrees:
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Administrative Professional
- Certificate of Completion (CCL) Administrative Professional
For information about careers in the area of Administrative Support, visit O*NET OnLine . You can find detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.