Civil Engineering Technology
Civil Engineering Technology is a program of study which provides a diverse knowledge of science, mathematics, surveying, construction methods and materials, and computer-aided drafting.
Students in this program receive training that enables them to:
- Use CAD software to draw construction plans and prepare specifications
- Estimate materials and costs
- Use the transit, level, and other surveying instruments
- Do construction and route staking
- Prepare topographic maps
- Inspect jobs
- Supervise construction
Program graduates are prepared for entry-level positions as civil engineering technicians, civil drafters, inspectors, surveyor's aides, traffic engineering technicians, and highway design technicians.
Program Certificate & Degree Options
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate in Applied Science - Civil Engineering Technology
- Certificate of Completion - Civil Engineering Technology
Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university should contact the Transfer Center for specific information on transfer requirements.
For more information, visit O*NET, which provides detailed information on workers, salaries, expected job growth and characteristics of the occupation.