The Computer Applications program is designed to provide the skills needed in the use of application software on a
computer. Applications covered include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, desktop publishing, the Internet, and the Windows operating systems. Courses will provide the student skills to work in various office settings.
Skills and Knowledge
Skills and knowledge gained in the program include the ability to:
- Produce business documents such as letters memos, tables, and reports utilizing keyboarding, proofreading and editing techniques.
- Use word processing software to produce documents applying business formatting including features and functions.
- Create, edit and print spreadsheet documents.
- Create, edit, and print database files.
- Use and apply software to produce professional business presentations..
Students planning to transfer to a university, should consult with an Academic Advisor and plan to follow the ABUS-SR Degree curriculum.
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.