The Fashion Merchandising Program is designed to meet the needs of students who have interest and ability in fashion merchandising. A student completing this program develops competencies essential for success in a variety of occupations including retail buying, management, store planning, visual display and wholesale merchandising.
Sufficient flexibility in curriculum allows for development of individual interests. A Certificate of Completion (CCL) is also available.
Phoenix College offers fashion merchandise courses that can prepare you for successful entry into this growing field.
Skills and Knowledge
Skills and knowledge gained in the program include the ability to:
- Identify items of apparel, fibers and fabrics, colors, hair styles, headdresses, and accessories unique to each period of historic costume.
- Use daily, weekly, or monthly stock and sales reports to evaluate past performance, appraise current plans, and make future plans.
- Use sales presentation skills as they relate to the fashion industry.
- Coordinate all promotion including displays, advertising, fashion shows, and personal selling efforts.
- Construct, test, implement, and analyze spreadsheets that solve financial, mathematical, and statistical problems in business.
- Analyze, design, and create a database to extract, sort, calculate, and report business data.
Program Certificate and Degree
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Fashion Merchandising
- Certificate of Completion (CCL)Fashion Merchandising
Students planning to transfer to a university, should consult with an Academic Advisor and plan to follow the ABUS-SR Degree curriculum.
For information about careers in the area of fashion merchandising, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.