A marketing professional has many career pathways to choose from including wholesaling, retailing, marketing analysis, advertising, supply chain management, marketing research, public relations and entrepreneurship. This program provides the strong foundation in business that is necessary to be succesful in a broad range of careers.
Skills and knowledge gained from the successful completion of this program include the ability to:
- Develop strategies for marketing a product or service.
- Develop and present a sales presentation utilizing the various steps necessary to sell a good or service.
- Contribute to the development of a marketing plan including marketing objectives, marketing mix, marketing strategies, budgetary considerations, and evaluation criteria.
- Use basic accounting principles to develop and maintain business financial records.
- Describe current management issues, decision-making techniques, and leadership styles.
Program Certificates & Degrees
In this program you can earn the following:
Students planning to transfer to a university, should consult an advisor and use the ABUS-GR Degree pathway.
Employment can be found in a variety of settings in the world of commerce, industry, and merchandising. Marketing professionals may work in purchasing, advertising, direct sales, retailing, manufacturing, and other commercial and industrial firms.
For information about careers in marketing, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.