Clinical Affiliates of the Medical Laboratory Science program include:
- Banner Baywood, Estrella, Gateway, Good Samaritan, and Thunderbird Medical Centers
- Carl T. Hayden Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Catholic Healthcare West - Chandler Regional * and St. Joseph's Medical Centers *
- Casa Grande Regional Medical Center
- Flagstaff Medical Center
- John C. Lincoln Hospital - North Mountain *
- Mountain Vista Medical Center
- Phoenix Children's Hospital *
- Scottsdale Healthcare - Osborn and Shea
- Sonora Quest Laboratories
* Clinical Affiliates noted with an asterisk (*) do NOT accept students for an 8-hour shadow observation.
Credit for Prior Learning
If you have relevant previous work experience, Maricopa County Community College District does have a credit for prior learning policy. Your relevant work experience within a clinical laboratory and associated training and education may enable you to qualify for credit for prior learning for select portions of the program.
The Credit for Prior Learning handbook provided in the link listed below includes information regarding the credit for prior learning guidelines. Please contact Rochelle Helminski, program director, at 602.285.7878 to discuss credit for prior learning.
|MDL190||Clinical Laboratory Operations||Clinical Laboratory Science – The Basics and Routine Techniques, 6th edition, Jean Jorgenson Linne and Karen Munson Ringsrud, Mosby, 2011
Mathematics for the Clinical Laboratory, 2nd edition, Doucette, Mosby, 2011.
|MDL240||Clinical Urinalysis and Body Fluid Analysis||Fundamentals of Urine and Body Fluid Analysis, 3rd edition, Nancy A. Brunzel, Saunders, 2010|
|MDL242||Clinical Hematology and Hemostasis||Hematology in Practice, 2nd edition, Ciesla, FA Davis, 2012|
|MDL244||Clinical Immunohematology and Immunology||Basic and Applied Concepts of Blood Banking and Transfusion, 3rd edition, Blaney and Howard, Elsevier Mosby, 2013
Contemporary Clinical Immunology and Serology, Rittenhouse-Olson, De Nardin, Pearson, 2013
|MDL246||Clinical Microbiology||Bailey and Scott’s Diagnostic Microbiology, 13th edition, Betty Forbes, et.al., Elsevier, 2013
Photographic Atlas for the Microbiology Laboratory, 4th edition, Michael J. Leboffe, et.al., Morton, 2011
|MDL248||Clinical Chemistry||Clinical Chemistry: Principles, Procedures, Correlations, 7th edition, Michael Bishop, Lippincott, 2013
Mathematics for the Clinical Laboratory, 2nd edition, Doucette, Mosby, 2011