Programming & System Analysis
A fast-paced and dynamic future awaits you in the computer-related fields. Whether it's maintaining computer networks, building and maintaining websites, or writing and analyzing computer code, Phoenix College is a great place to begin your computer training!
Our state of the art computer labs give you hands-on experience in today's technologies, and you can even advance to the university level with our transfer partnership in Computer Information Systems.
Programming and System Analysis program provides an in-depth exploration of different computer language and technical skills. The program includes, but is not limited to the following: operating systems, local area networks, business communication, team roles, and dynamics.
Skills and Knowledge
Skills and knowledge gained in the program include the ability to:
- Design algorithms for simple business problems.
- Analyze problem descriptions and design programming solutions to the problems, using common problem-solving techniques.
- Write elementary programs in various programming languages.
- Write a script using a popular client-side scripting language, using syntax and structures common to that language, to solve a business problem.
- Set up, maintain, and use a database management program.
Program Certificate and Degree
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Programming & System Analysis
- Certificate of Completion (CCL) Programming & System Analysis
Students planning to transfer to a university, should consult with an Academic Advisor and plan to follow the ABUS-SR Degree curriculum.
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.