A valuable addition to your job search!
Check out these OPPORTUNITIES
Why attend a Job Fair?
- Explore options: An excellent opportunity to browse and conduct research.
- Convenience: Meet with a variety of employers in one location.
- Develop research skills: A wealth of information awaits you. Gather in-depth information about background, mission and culture of the companies that interest you.
- Practice interviewing: Listen carefully to the questions recruiters ask and the information offered about the companies. Impress the recruiter!
- Networking: Talk to everyone, you may hear about new opportunities
Job Fair Tips!
- Check the list of participating employers. Learn about the companies ahead of the fair.
- Dress professionally: Come prepared for an on-the-spot interview. Be conservative in appearance, wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring resumes: Use a folder/portfolio to hold resumes and collect company literature.
- Arrive early: Leave time to find parking and check-in.
- Be assertive and show initiative: Smile, shake hands, be friendly and introduce yourself to recruiters.
- One minute commercial: Prepare a concise message that sells your skills and strong points. Be prepared to discuss your goals and how you will benefit the company.
- Ask for a business card: Send a thank you note or email immediately following the fair.
- Remain calm, have a positive attitude and HAVE FUN!