PC Athletics - A Point of Pride
Intercollegiate athletics programs are a vital part of the Phoenix College mission. Since the 1920s, PC student-athletes have been a source of pride both on and off the field. They continue to be an important part of PC college experience. Their accomplishments off the field have been assisted by the Student Athlete Scholastic Success Program. On the field, they are led by their respective coaches and Athletic Director Samantha Ezell.
In the 2011-2012 academic year, the Athletics program produced:
- Four NJCAA Academic All-Americans
- Three athletic teams designated as NJCAA Academic All American teams, with a team grade point average of at least 3.0
- Three NJCAA All-Americans
- Sixty-five student athletes who signed to continue athletic and academic pursuits at four-year schools
- The school’s 9th national championship in softball. Both softball and volleyball teams captured the Region 1 title. Volleyball finished fourth in the NJCAA national tournament.