RCI Partners With Degree Phoenix
Latino youth will enter higher education and leave as well credentialed graduates earning a living wage and contributing to their families, the economy and the community. That’s the mission of Degree Phoenix, a collaborative effort funded by a Lumina Foundation grant.
The RCI continues to be an important partner in Degree Phoenix, along with Phoenix Union High School District and the City of Phoenix.
“We thank the Lumina Foundation for helping us address Latino educational success and we’re happy to be at the forefront of the national completion agenda,” says RCI Director Ofelia Canez.
Phoenix College is a primary partner in Degree Phoenix, a collaborative effort between six sectors: K-12, Latino advocacy groups, community based organizations, higher education, employers, and policy makers. Degree Phoenix’s mission is to increase the number of well-credentialed Latino youth connected to a living wage through a data-driven process informed by the voices of Latino youth both in and out of the formal education system.
The project’s goals are to:
- Create a college-going culture and raise awareness of what it takes to attain college completion
- Use a common language and terminology that will streamline and improve Degree Phoenix's effectiveness
- Create a seamless student experience
- Operate in multiple places throughout Phoenix
- Sustain a partnership that will grow in its understanding of how to impact Latino student success