Web Tip: Adding Video to a Program or Department's Homepage
If you are a content editor for your department or program, uploading and adding a video is really easy.
- The video will need to be on YouTube. Contact Institutional Advancement for assistance with uploading it to YouTube.
- Copy the URL from YouTube (1).
- Log in to the website, then go to your program or department's homepage. Click the "Edit" tab (2).
- Scroll down to the label called "Program Video" or "Sidebar Video" (3).
- Paste the URL that you copied from YouTube.
- Add a Title
- Add the Description (a hidden textfield for screen readers and accessibility).
- Save the page (4).
- Look on the right side of the page and watch the magic happen. When you click the video, the video will open and play in a popup window (5).
This a very easy, and great way to share promotional or testimonial video with your audience.
Contact Institutional Advancement for additional help and resource.
Click thumbnails to view larger examples of these steps.