Department of Recruitment & Retention is hiring Student Services Specialist!
College/Location: Phoenix College
Department: Recruitment and Retention
The Department of Recruitment & Retention at Phoenix College is hiring for a temporary position to serve as Academic Advisor for the Bear Trax student success program. This position will focus on providing academic advisement to new to college students during Bear Trax workshops and providing academic advisement to continuing students in a group or individual setting.
Will also provide one-stop student services to new, continuing and prospective students.
- Help students clarify their academic goals
- Provide accurate information about degree/certificate options, requirements, course descriptions and prerequisites, placement test interpretations, and enrollment information.
- Assist students in the development of an academic plan
- Refer students to the appropriate campus resources
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in academic advisement in a community college setting
- Experience delivering presentations
- Experience with online student databases (i.e. Student Information Systems)
- $12.75 – 13.50 per hour
- 40 hours per week
- No benefits
- Varied (Monday – Friday)
- May require adjusted schedule and/or some weekend hours during peak times
- Office is closed on Fridays during summer months.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org First review of resumes will begin January 10, 2013.
The Maricopa Community College District is an EEO/AA Institution.