Salutatory Speaker at Commencement
MAKE HISTORY AT THE 2013 PHOENIX COLLEGE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY!
If you would like to be a part of making Phoenix College history, apply to be the Salutatorian Speaker for the 2013 Phoenix College Commencement Ceremony!
To be considered for this honor you must graduate and participate in the Commencement Ceremony on May 10th, 2013.
Please submit the following:
- A one page personal letter discussing why you should be selected to be the Salutation Speaker.
- A draft of your 3-minute speech (approximately 500-600 words). The purpose of the speech is to welcome the audience to the commencement ceremony.
- Include your personal contact information (email, telephone, etc.) as to how we may reach you.
*Submissions must be received by Friday, April 5th by 4:00 p.m. via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will receive a reply via e-mail that their speech has been received. Finalists will be contacted to schedule their audition time, in which they will present their speech to the Selection Committee.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Student must be graduating in May 2013 and be participating in the Commencement Ceremony on May 10, 2013
- Content of speech.
- Organization of speech.
- Appropriateness for welcoming the audience to the commencement ceremony.
- Time limit (can be done in 3 minutes).
- Ability to appropriately represent the 2013 graduating class of Phoenix College.
If you are selected as the Salutatorian for Commencement, you will be expected to rehearse (and revise if necessary) your speech with a faculty mentor from the Communication Department. For further information, contact Gene Heppard at 602.285.7962.
Good Luck to all applicants!