What is Sustainability?
WHAT IS SUSTAINABILITY?
Sustainability is the condition in which ecological diversity, social equity, and economic vitality combine to create a healthy and fulfilling community. Sustainability encourages responsible use of resources such as oil, building materials and water so as not to damage or deplete them for future generations. Sustainability is important in order to protect human health and our environment. PC Green recognizes that a culture of sustainability encourages students, faculty and staff to reach their full potentials.
SUSTAINABILITY ON PHOENIX COLLEGE CAMPUS
In 2013 Phoenix College published its first Sustainability Plan. This document details what Phoenix College has planned for the future of Sustainability on campus.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions over the next 10 years
- Support and practice sustainable and green efforts in our daily operations
- Improve the awareness and understanding of environmental issues
- Encourage faculty, staff and students to participate in sustainability efforts and practices
- Educate the campus community through programs and curriculum related to sustainable practices
- Phoenix College Sustainability Plan
- About Sustainability on Phoenix College Campus
Phoenix College also offers classes about Sustainability. Some classes such as Sustainable World are devoted to sustainability while other classes such as Plants and Society and Environmental Biology cover topics on sustainability.
GET INVOLVED ON CAMPUS!
JOIN THE PC GREEN STUDENT CLUB. VISIT THE STUDENT UNION FOR MORE INFO.
JOIN THE PC GREEN COMMITTEE THE FIRST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH AT NOON IN SU117.
Answer to Twitter/Facebook question: SOCIAL