We are excited you are applying to Phoenix College, where you will experience an affordable excellent education and endless possibilities! Phoenix College is one of the ten Maricopa Community Colleges in the Phoenix area and offers the first two years of a Bachelor’s program, as well as, other occupational programs. Students wishing to attend Phoenix College on a F-1 (student) visa must first apply for an I-20.
- July 1 for Fall Semester
- November 1 for Spring Semester
The Admission Process Requirements:
1. Complete the International Student Information Form.
(Download the International Student Application/Information Form)
2. Submit One Form of Proof of English Proficiency. Choose either:
- TOEFL - A minimum score on the Internet Base test (IBT) - 61, or Paper Base test (PBT) - 500
- IELTS - A minimum score of 5.5
Admission to the PC English as a Second Language Program:
Choose one from the following:
- TOEFL: Internet Base test (IBT) – score of 23, or Paper Base test (PBT) - score of 400
- IELTS: Overall Band score below 5.
- At least 6 (six) years of English language instruction as shown on school transcript(s)
3. Submit Your Official Transcript(s).
- High School Transcripts -Secondary School or Certificate of Graduation in English
- College Transcripts – All colleges or universities you have attended
NOTE: Only an original transcript with English translation for high school transcripts, translated by a certified translator is acceptable. Translation with an evaluation for college and university transcripts.
4. Provide Evidence of Financial Support.
- A minimum of $20,350 in U.S. currency per year plus any dependent fees (additional $5,000 for the first dependent and $2,500 per additional dependent)
- Applicants who plan to live with a friend or family member in the United States may complete the Affidavit of Support
- NOTE: For the visa process, the American Embassy or Consulate will require another set of original financial documents.
5. Provide a photocopy of the identification page of your current passport.
- The copy must clearly show your legal name, passport number, and birth date - click for example.
Obtain Your F-1 Student Visa.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Navigate the U.S. Immigration System
Helpful Guide: Succeeding in Your Visa Interview
(Not required, highly recommended)