You may receive vocational rehabilitation and employment services to help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, and job seeking skills coaching. Other services may be provided to assist Veterans in starting their own businesses or independent living services for those who are severely disabled and unable to work in traditional employment. Click on the "How to Apply" tab to learn more and apply for vocational rehabilitation and employment services.
Program is authorized by Congress under Title 38, Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 31. It is sometimes referred to as the Chapter 31 program. The mission of VR&E is to help veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, VR&E offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible.
Services that may be provided by VR&E include:
- Comprehensive rehabilitation evaluation to determine abilities, skills, interests, and needs
- Vocational counseling and rehabilitation planning
- Employment services such as job-seeking skills, resume development, and other work readiness assistance
- Assistance finding and keeping a job, including the use of special employer incentives
- On the Job Training (OJT), apprenticeships, and non-paid work experiences
- Post-secondary training at a college, vocational, technical or business school
- Supportive rehabilitation services including case management, counseling, and referral
- Independent living services
Who is Eligible for VR&E Services?
Active Duty Service Members to receive VR&E services:
- Expect to receive an honorable discharge upon separation from active duty
- Apply for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment services
- Obtain a memorandum rating of 20% or more from the VA
For more Information:http://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab/employment_tracks.asp
VA Office (3333 N. Central Avenue) (800) 827-1000
VA Hospital (650 Indian School Road) (602) 227-5551
D.E.S. Phoenix (9801 N. 7th Street) (602) 861-0496
VocRehab – VR&E (3333 N. Central Avenue) (602) 627-2785
VA's Education and Career Counseling program is a great opportunity for Service members and Veterans to get personalized counseling and support to help guide their career paths, ensure the most effective use of their VA benefits, and achieve their goals.
If you support a Veteran or Service member with a service-connected disability, who faces difficult employment challenges, there may be little left in the household budget for your higher education and career advancement. VA may offer assistance to help you assess your career goals and abilities, find your next job, further your education and skills, and identify places where you can get job training.
VA may extend vocational counseling and support to family members on topics including: