On April 24, Phoenix College is proud to be hosting our first ever TEDx event. The event's theme is The Opportunity of Transformation.
About TEDxPhoenix College
The Opportunity of Transformation asks the question, what happens when the world changes? What do we do as an ever evolving and shifting world finds the old way of doing things irrelevant, redundant, and no longer applicable? This TEDxPhoenixCollege event will explore, "The Opportunity of Transformation" when what used to work need to evolve, shift, and change - and how we use that urgency of now to do, create and move towards a better future. The event will take place from 6 - 9 pm and is an invitation-only event.
This event is full. After the event, a video of the TEDx presentation will be available on the Phoenix College YouTube Channel
x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.
Schedule of Events
- 5:45 pm – 6 pm: Pre-Event Check-In
- 6 pm - 7 pm: Speaker Session 1 (Featuring Dr. Zirulnik and Dr. Whitaker)
- 7 pm – 7:20 pm: Intermission
- 7:20 pm – 9 pm: Speaker Session 2 (Featuring Dr. Cheeks, Dr. Proctor, and Mr. Terrell)
Learn More Information About our Speakers
We're thrilled to be hosting five incredible speakers for this incredible event. You can learn more about them and why they're passionate about their topics in our Speaker Highlight series.
- Dr. Michael Zirulnik - Organizational Consultant & Author - Speaker Highlight
- Dr. Matthew Whitaker - Director of the Office of Equity and Inclusion at Brophy College Preparatory - Speaker Highlight
- Dr. Loretta Cheeks - AI & ML Research Consultant | Strong TIES Founder & CEO | Speaker - Speaker Highlight
- Dr. Sian Proctor - Speaker/Geology Faculty/Analog Astronaut - Speaker Highlight
- Calvin Terrell - Speaker/Trainer - Founder and CEO of Social Centric Institute - Speaker Highlight
To learn even more information about our speakers, click here.