Academic Advisement at Phoenix College is focused your academic success. We strive to develop an on-going educational partnership with our students. From the time you begin at Phoenix College through your academic goal(s) achievement, we are here to support, teach and mentor you.
Meet with an Academic Advisor for assistance with:
- Developing an educational plan
- Planning a course of study
- Interpretation of assessment scores and course placement
- Unofficial transcript evaluation
- Selecting appropriate classes for their degree/certificate/major
- Planning for graduation
- Choosing courses for transfer to another institution
- Locating & exploring education web resources
Advisement is REQUIRED for new-to-college students:
- Enrolling Full-Time or Part-Time AND
- Degree OR transfer seeking
New-to-college students: attend BearTrax for advisement.
- Sign-up through my.maricopa.edu or in-person at Admissions (Hannelly Center)
- During session you will: receive academic advisement, enroll in classes, print your class schedule, learn more about our campus resources, and more!
- Questions? Stop by the Welcome Center in the Hannelly Center or call 602.285.7777
This list identifies the courses that meet The Arizona General Education Curruiculum (AGEC) areas. Complete Maricopa AGEC Course List
Please note that General Education requirements for AAS, AGS, and Transfer degrees may vary. See the Phoenix College Catalog for complete information. General education designates are subject to change. See the MCCCD Curriculum Equivalency Guide website for updates and complete information.