Success at Phoenix College starts here!
New Student Orientation - Bear Trax is a mandatory advising and registration session for all new-to-college students who are planning to complete a degree, certificate or transfer to a university. You will learn about the many resources on campus available to you, to help you be a successful college student. You will be shown how to navigate My.maricopa.edu student account, activate your student Gmail account, search for classes, learn about degree and certificate programs and how to transfer to a university. Most important, you will receive academic advising and register for classes. When you finish your Bear Trax session you will have your class schedule in hand.
Steps to Register for Bear Trax
Select the Bear Trax session with the date and time convenient for you
- View or print a list of Bear Trax workshops, view available sessions, make note of the 5 digit class number you wish to attend.
- Log onto My.maricopa.edu and choose "Find a Class". Using the three letter code "NSO" select appropriate semester, view available sessions and make note of the 5 digit class number you wish to attend. If you need assistance, call the Recruitment and Retention office at 602.285.7415 or visit the Welcome Center in the Hannelly Center.
Register for your Bear Trax Session
- Go to My.maricopa.edu and select "Student Center"
- Press the "add a class" link
- Enter the 5 digit class number in the search field and press "enter"
- Follow steps to "finish enrolling"
Get ready to have a blast as a new PC Bear!
Things to bring:
- Test scores
- 8 digit student ID number.