- Faculty may place circulating library materials or their own personal materials on Course Reserves so they will be accessible to students for classroom assignments. Material will be available for student use within 24-48 hours of submission. To best accommodate all faculty Reserve materials will be processed in the order they are received.
- Library owned materials may remain on Course Reserves for up to 4 weeks.
- "Consumable" works do not pass Fair Use. These items may not be placed on Course Reserves. They include: workbooks, exercises, standardized tests, test booklets, and answer sheets.
- Library is not responsible for lost or damaged material. Library staff will perform due diligence to protect materials given us.
- Print and fill out the Course Reserves Request Form. Bring the form to the library along with your materials to be placed on reserve. The form should be filled out completely so that the material will be correctly entered into the Course Reserves Room for easy access.
- The material will be placed on Course Reserves under the Instructor Name, Subject Code and Course Number. The instructor may specify the length of time the material is to remain on Course Reserves (if not specified the material will be removed at the end of the Spring semester). Beginning Fall 2015 Course Reserve items will be 'In Library Use Only' with a two (2) hour check out period.
- To have materials removed from Course Reserves, please notify staff and allow 24-48 hours for materials to be properly withdrawn.
Information regarding copyright and Fair Use can be found at MCCCD Office of General Counsel
Copyright Restrictions and the Fair Use Doctrine
In compliance with copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code 202 and under Section 107 of H.R. 2223) all reproductions of articles from journals, on-line databases, scores, or book chapters may remain on Reserve for one semester and not used again. A single copy of one article per periodical issue may be placed on Reserve. Copies from books may be limited to one chapter per title, depending on length of work and substance of portion copied. Written permission from the publisher is required for anything else.
If you have any questions regarding the Course Reserves or completing Reserve forms, you may contact Judy MacQueen at 5-7829 firstname.lastname@example.org or Livia Herrera 5-7360 email@example.com