Federal Work Study
The Federal Work-Study Program is a need-based financial aid program that is available to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by FAFSA results.
- You must seek employment and secure a job on campus. Contact Career Services for assistance or check the online FWS Job Postings Here . Note: The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to cancel FWS awards if you do not find a job within 30 days after the start of the semester or 30 days from the date of the award if the award is made after the semester has started.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credits hours in a semester to receive Federal Work-Study. If not, the PC Financial Aid Office reserves the right to cancel your award.
- Federal Work-Study earning should be monitored by both the employing department and the student to ensure that earnings do not exceed the work-study allocation.
- Having a FWS award does not guarantee the student a job or guarantee the student will earn all dollars awarded.
- You may work up to twenty (20) hours per week.
- You will earn the minimum hourly wage.
- Your paychecks are processed bi-weekly and funds earned may be used to pay your educational expenses.
- Funds and employment positions are limited and are available on a first come first served basis.
- You can check the status of your award by logging into your Student Center at My.maricopa.edu.
- Go to PC Career Services:
- For assistance in locating an FWS job on campus
- Make sure of your FWS award for the semester
- Do a first-time FWS orientation
- After you have secured employment, your supervisor will give you further hiring instructions and provide you with the exact date you may begin working under the FWS Program.
What is Federal Work Study (FWS)?
How will I know if I have been awarded?
How can I find a FWS position?
You must seek employment and secure a job on campus. Go to Career Services for assistance in locating a FWS position on campus or check the online listings.
NOTE: The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to cancel FWS awards if you do not find a job within 30 days after the start of the semester or 30 days from the date of the award if the award is made after the semester has started.
How many hours will I work?
What will I earn?
I found a position. What are the next steps?
Supervisor - FWS Hiring Process
Supervisor - FWS Hiring Status
1. Click MCCD Custom
2. Click MCCD Payroll
3. Click USE
4. Click Job Hire Documents
5. Enter the student’s Employee ID Number in theEmpllD: field
6. Click the Search button
7. Under Document Status it will indicate one of the following: