Federal Work Study - NEW PROCESS EFFECTIVE FALL 2013
The Federal Work-Study Program is a need-based financial aid program that is available to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by FAFSA results.
- You must seek employment and secure a job on campus. Contact Career Services for assistance locating a job or check the online FWS Job Postings Here .
- Students who have reached Maximum Timeframe are not eligible for Federal Work-Study.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credits hours in a semester to receive Federal Work-Study.
- Federal Work-Study earning should be monitored by both the employing department and the student to ensure that earnings do not exceed the work-study allocation.
- You may work up to twenty (20) hours per week.
- You will earn the minimum hourly wage.
- Your paychecks are processed bi-weekly and funds earned may be used to pay your educational expenses.
- Funds and employment positions are limited and are available on a first come first served basis.
1. After you get awarded Federal Aid (Pell Grant and/or Direct Loans) please visit the Financial Aid Office and request to speak to the FWS Coordinator if you are interested in Federal Work-Study.
2. If you are eligible for Federal Work-Study and you are NEW to the Federal Work-Study program please visit the Career Center to review the current work-study job openings on campus.
- You will complete a first-time orientation at the Career Center
- The Career Center will provide you the contact information for the department in which you are interested in working. The department will interview you.
- You will complete a NEW hire packet at Employee Services
3. If you are eligible for Federal Work-Study and you had Federal Work-Study in the past semester, and you want to work in the same department, you will need to see your supervisor.
4. Your supervisor will submit to the Financial Aid Office via email the FWS employment form. ( email@example.com)
5. The Financial Aid Office will award you Federal Work-Study and process a Federal Work-Study contract in HRMS. (processing time 5 business days)
6. The Financial Aid Office will inform your supervisor via email that their request has been processed. Your supervisor will inform you when you can begin working.
What is Federal Work Study (FWS)?
How will I know if I have been awarded?
How can I find a FWS position?
How many hours will I work?
What will I earn?
I found a position. What are the next steps?
Supervisor - FWS Hiring Process
Supervisor - FWS Hiring Status
1. Click MCCD Custom
2. Click MCCD Payroll
3. Click USE
4. Click Job Hire Documents
5. Enter the student’s Employee ID Number in theEmpllD: field
6. Click the Search button
7. Under Document Status it will indicate one of the following: