Obtaining a Refund
All students who have officially dropped from classes, within the scheduled refund deadline, will be eligible for a refund or tuition credit based on the refund schedule. All refunds of cash and check payments are issued through the Maricopa Student Refund Program (see below). No refunds of cash are available. Refunds of credit card payments will be made only to the credit card on which the original payment was processed.
- Note: Refunds of check payments will only be made 30 days after posting of the applicable payment. Earlier processing is possible upon presentation of evidence that the check has cleared the bank. Such evidence may include the canceled check or a bank statement. Please do not bypass the refund process by placing a stop payment on a check made payable to Phoenix College. This could result in additional fees and delays in future services.
Maricopa Student Refund Program (MSRP)
The fastest and easiest way to get your financial aid and refunds!
You have the choice to receive your refunds to an existing bank account via direct deposit, a personalized Visa® prepaid debit card issued by Citi®, or a paper check - all through the MSRP! This great program is intended to give students faster and more convenient access to their financial aid and refunds.
Signing up is easy!
- First refund from Maricopa Colleges? Check your student email account for an invitation from Citi® to enroll
- Click on the link to go to the Citi enrollment website
- Make your selection – choose either direct deposit, prepaid card or paper check
- Make sure your mailing address on record in the Student Center is correct. This is the address that will be used if you choose a prepaid debit card or a paper check for payment. Always keep your address updated at both Citi and MCCCD. No cash refunds will be given
Why Electronic Payments?
Although you still may choose a paper check, electronic payments will give you:
- Flexible, convenient and safe access to your funds
- No more waiting for a check to arrive in the mail or in line at a bank or check-cashing location
The Visa prepaid debit card offers even more benefits including:
- Purchases anywhere Visa debit is accepted in store, online or by phone
- Surcharge-free cash withdrawals at over 170 Citibank® ATMs in Maricopa County, including on-campus
- Coverage by Visa’s Zero Liability fraud protection* in the event your card is ever lost or stolen
- Everyone is eligible – a bank account is not required and it does not affect your credit