Thanks to the generosity of many individuals, corporations, organizations and other donors, Phoenix College students have access to hundreds of scholarships that are available to assist both academically deserving students and those who demonstrate financial need.
Online Scholarship Applications
There are now Two online scholarship applications Phoenix College students can fill out for financial help. Check back frequently for new scholarship opporatunities and to update your application.
1) ACADEMIC WORKS: Maricopa Community Colleges District Scholarship Database is a tool that can help you to search for college specific scholarships, or exernal scholarships in cooperation with Maricopa Community Colleges. Students can complete one application and be eligible for multiple scholarships automatically. You can begin your application here https://maricopa.academicworks.com/. If you have any questions on the Maricopa Scholarship Application, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
2) STARS: Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation Scholarships Database are privately funded and open to all Maricopa Community College students. In most cases they may be used at any Maricopa Community College and, in some cases, non-Maricopa colleges and universities. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is not required to apply. Apply for Foundation scholarships or check the status of an application. Students are encouraged to complete the general scholarship application through the Maricopa College's Foundation online STARS scholarship application program. If you have any questions on the STARS Application, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the Foundation scholarships, there also exist scholarships awarded by many other businesses, corporations, and organizations in the community.
College Funding Search Resources
Also check these resources for scholarship opportunties:
- College depot - Free full service college planning and current scholarships and workshops
- College Answer - Tools to help you apply and pay for college
- FastWeb - Free national scholarship search
- Upromise - College savings programs
Several times throughout the year, PC offers free comprehensive scholarship workshops designed to provide students with valuable information including: writing your personal statement, tips on applying, and best places to find scholarships.
Arizona University Transfer Scholarships
If you are planning to transfer to another college or university, you should contact the Financial Aid or Scholarship Office at that institution to inquire about what scholarships are available. Here are links to some of the Arizona universities: