A fast-paced and dynamic future awaits you in the computer-related fields. Whether it's maintaining computer networks, building and maintaining websites, or writing and analyzing computer code, Phoenix College is a great place to begin your computer training!
Our state of the art computer labs give you hands-on experience in today's technologies, and you can even advance to the university level with our transfer partnership in Computer Information Systems.
Programming and Systems Analysis program provides an in-depth exploration of different computer language and technical skills. The program includes, but is not limited to the following: operating systems, local area networks, business communication, team roles, and dynamics.
Knowledge and Skills
Skills and knowledge gained in the program include the ability to:
- Design algorithms for simple business problems.
- Analyze problem descriptions and design programming solutions to the problems, using common problem-solving techniques.
- Write elementary programs in various programming languages.
- Write a script using a popular client-side scripting language, using syntax and structures common to that language, to solve a business problem.
- Set up, maintain, and use a database management program.
Maricopa Degree Options
|Associate in Applied Science (AAS)||Bachelor of Applied Science|
Career and Employment Outlook
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.