Phoenix College has proudly served Maricopa County and the City of Phoenix for nearly 100 years. PC's long history as an inclusive diverse institution will be celebrated during the 2020-21 academic year. Proceeds from our Centennial celebrations will support the creation of the new My Future Scholarship, which aims to increase educational equity, access, and opportunity for disadvantaged populations.
Centennial Kick-Off & Time Capsule Unveiling
January 28, 2020, John Paul Theatre, Phoenix College
- 9:00 am - Continental Breakfast
- 9:30 am - Time Capsule Unveiling, History of PC Display & Student Performances
- 10:30 am - Alumni Reunion & Campus Tours
In case you missed it - Check out FOX 10 Coverage of the event. View photos of the event HERE.
Centennial Virtual Founders Day - 2020
September 14, 2020, Hannelly Center
- 9 am - Phoenix College invites you to celebrate one hundred years of equity and access in education. To commemorate PC's proud history, Phoenix College established Founders' Day, to commemorate the day the College was founded in 1920. Join us for the first ever virtual Founders’ Day celebration!
PC has been a pioneering institution since its inception. Founders Day commemorates the anniversary of Phoenix Junior College (PJC as it was known then) founding and first classes on September 13, 1920.
100 Year Affair - Our Past. Your Future. Celebration Postponed
November 21, 2020, Biltmore Resort, 2400 E Missouri Avenue, Phoenix, AZ
- 5:30 pm - Check in and reception
- 6:30 pm - Programmatic displays demos
- 7 pm - Program begins
An evening celebration of Phoenix College's history as a pioneering institution of inclusion, equity and access through student and alumni performances and stories. *This is a ticketed event
Centennial Open-House Postponed
March 10, 2021
- 10 am - 1 pm - Bear Day & Student Success Fair
- 4 - 6:30 pm - Classroom, Department & Program Open House
- 6:30 pm - Centennial Time Capsule Celebration & Reception
College-wide campus open house, showcasing PC's signature programs, amazing students, faculty and staff. Interment of PC's Centennial Time Capsule.