Community users are welcome to use the library and its resources, including 3 computers available for use by the public. In order to maintain a quiet and safe environment, violation of any of these rules by community users may result in a loss of privileges:
Library account and Computer Use Policies
Library account will expire one year from date of issue. A community borrower will lose all borrowing privileges if debt is posted more than once to their account. Accounts must be in good standing (owe no money) for the library to issue a replacement card ($1.00 due at time of replacement) or renew the library account.
- Current PC students have priority over community users.
- Community users are required to obtain a PC Library card to use the community computers. The user must show the card each time they sign up to use the machines.
- Have an MEID and password. See our Computer Assistant help desk on the main floor of the library to create your MEID and password (Maricopa ID)
- Must be 18 or older
- Arizona state issued photo I.D with Maricopa County address (or AZ state photo ID with proof of Maricopa County residency).
- After creating your MEID and password you will show library Circulation desk staff your AZ state photo ID.
- Staff will create your Library account and give you your Library Card.
- Community computer usage is limited to 1 session per day for a maximum of 2 hours.
- The use of another individual’s login and/or password will lead to a permanent loss of library privileges.
- The viewing of pornography will result in a permanent loss of library privileges.
- If you leave, you may lose your seat if others are waiting.
Library Use Policies
- No food or drink is allowed in the library, with the exception of bottled water.
- Any noise, loud talking, or physical behavior which is disruptive to other library users is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, talking loudly, shouting, loud cell phone discussions, shoving and running in the building, and playing audio at a high volume while on the computers.
- Study rooms are for use by Phoenix College students only.
- Individuals under the age of 18 who are not students are not allowed on campus nor within the building unless accompanied by an adult (per MCCCD Administrative Regulation 2.4.10).
- Library facilities should be treated respectfully.
- Library staff should be treated respectfully in performing their duties.