The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Specialist builds the requisite knowledge and skills to perform core Amazon Web Services (AWS) services in a manner that is based on compute, data, security and requirements as well as AWS best practices. Students select a specialization in either Developer or SysOps. Developer focuses on developing, deploying and debugging cloud based applications using AWS. SysOps focuses on deploying, managing and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS.
Students will have hands-on opportunities to manage cloud systems/architectures for real world-scenarios. Students with the requisite prior experience in the field who complete this CCL can pursue employment in a variety of information technology jobs.
This CCL also helps to prepare students for industry-standard certification as either AWS Certified Developer - Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate based on their emphasis.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
This Certificate of Completion (CCL) is intended for industry professionals with the requisite experience such as database, Linux, information security, networking, programming, and DevOps who are interested in expanding their knowledge in the area of cloud computing to enhance their employment opportunities. Speak to a program director for additional information.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the CCL to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Integrate Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud technologies and services to transform IT Systems.
- Configure AWS cloud systems for high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability.
- Utilize the appropriate tools and services to provide multi-layered security for content in the cloud.
- Design well-architected cloud solutions to meet business needs.
- Configure storage, compute, database, networking resources and troubleshoot to improve performance and evaluate metrics for applications.
- Develop, deploy and debug cloud based applications using AWS.
- Deploy, manage and operate scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Arizona-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information.
Computer Occupations, All Other
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include FYE101 and FYE103. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|Course Number||Course Name||Requisites||Notes||Area||Credits|
|CLD110||Amazon Web Services Cloud Foundations|| OR AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification |
OR Permission of Program Director
|CLD120||Amazon Web Services Cloud Architect Associate||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CLD110 or permission of Instructor.|| OR AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification |
OR Permission of Program Director
|CLD130 or |
|Amazon Web Services Cloud Developing or Amazon Web Services Cloud Operations||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CLD120 or equivalent AAWS Certified Solutions Architect v Associate certification. CLD110 and CNT140AB recommended. or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CLD120 or equivalent AAWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification. CLD110 and CNT140AB recommended.||3|
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Amazon Web Services Cloud Specialist (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm11?id=166256).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.