The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Technical Theatre: Puppetry is designed to provide students with skills in puppetry for theatrical performances. Courses include instruction in the creation and operation of puppets in performance. A Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Technical Theatre and the Associate in Arts, Fine Arts (AAFA), Emphasis in Theatre are also available.
DetailsImportant information you’ll need when applying for admission:
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
- Demonstrate proficiency in theatrical construction, rendering, and hand and power tool usage. (THP201AA, THP201AB, THP202AA, THP202AC, THP250, THP251)
- Demonstrate proficiency in hand sewing, basic pattern drafting, and machine sewing. (THP201AA, THP201AB, THP202AA, THP202AC, THP206, THP250)
- Take accurate measurements using industry standards. (THP201AA, THP201AB, THP202AA, THP202AC, THP206, THP250)
- Utilize shop tools for the production, maintenance, and alteration of theatrical properties and set dressing to industry standards. (THP201AA, THP201AB, THP202AA, THP202AC, THP206, THP250, THP251)
- Recognize shop roles and responsibilities including safety protocols. (THP201AA, THP201AB, THP202AA, THP202AC, THP206, THP250, THP251)
- Differentiate between various materials and hardware types and their uses. (THP201AA, THP201AB, THP202AA, THP202AC, THP206, THP250)
- Demonstrate foundational skills in design, technical, and performance practices for effective communication and personal expression across various artistic genres. (THP112, THP151, THP201AA, THP201AB, THP219)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|THP112||Acting I (3) OR|
|THP151||Theatre for Youth (3)||3|
|THP201AA||Theatre Production I (1) OR|
|THP201AB||Theatre Production II (2) OR|
|THP202AA||Theatre Production I Scene Shop (1) OR|
|THP202AC||Theatre Production I Costume Shop (1)||1-2|
|THP206||Introduction to Costume Construction for Theatre||4|
|THP219||Introduction to Puppetry||3|
|THP251||Safety Practices in Theatre and Film Production||1|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.