- If using photos not provided by district marketing, a photo release must be signed by students, faculty members, employees, and members of the public. The release and photo must be archived in the marketing department. This applies to all photos that are taken where individuals are easily recognized. Posting signs or verbal approvals are not acceptable.
- Failing to secure a signed release may result in potential litigation. Any student under 18 years old must have a legal parent/guardian sign a photo release on their behalf.
- Contact District Marketing for a link to download photography available for your use. District Marketing and Communications Maricopa Community Colleges email@example.com. Telephone: (480) 731-8948
Photo Resolution Guidelines for Print and Web
- Photo Resolution: Photos used for print materials should have a resolution of 300 dpi at full size. Low-resolution photos should not be used.
- Photo resolution for the web is 72 dpi. If you need assistance sizing an image or determining its resolution, please contact Joe Gonzales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Download a copy of the photo release form here.
You must obtain written permission before using copyright materials (e.g., photos, videos, text, etc.) in a project. Instructions for using copyright material may be found here: https://legal.maricopa.edu/student-and-faculty-resources/intellectualproperty/copyright-guidelines
It is the photographer’s responsibility to ensure photo permission is provided by everyone photographed OR THE PHOTOS MAY NOT BE USED. You can find all photo release forms here.