SPRING SEMESTER 2020 CLASS SCHEDULE UPDATE
The following is an email sent out to Phoenix College students on 3/19/20. We are sharing this here in case you missed this communication and would like to share it with friends, family, students, etc. Below is the message sent from Dr. Johnson himself.
Thank you for your continued support for one another and our community during these challenging times. We are concerned for your well-being and the health of our college and the broader community.
Based on the continuously evolving status surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Phoenix College has decided all online courses will continue as scheduled and all in-person and hybrid classes are now postponed through Sunday, April 5, 2020.
What does this mean for you?
- In-person and hybrid courses will resume in an online/alternative delivery format beginning on April 6, 2020, and will be offered in this format through the end of the semester.
- Your instructors will be contacting you with information about how your class will be continuing. Please check Canvas for your classes and information. Information on how to log into Canvas is here.
- As you already know, all current online classes are continuing as scheduled.
- We recognize that there are some courses and learning experiences that cannot be delivered in an alternative format, and we are currently identifying solutions. These classes might include classes with field experiences, service learning, student teaching, practicum, and clinical experiences. Should your specific course not be offered online by April 6, 2020, you will be contacted prior to that date with further instructions.
- A potential two-week extension for the end of the spring semester for some courses is being considered by some instructors. If this affects you, your faculty will inform you how this impacts your specific course.
If you need accommodations for a disability, please connect with the Phoenix College Disabilities Resource Coordinator here.
For your convenience, we have set up different ways to contact Phoenix College staff if you have specific questions regarding your schedule or anything regarding your academic experience. During the campus closure, Phoenix College staff are available remotely Monday-Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm You can reach us three ways during these times:
Additionally, the District Office and Colleges have identified resources to support students in transitioning online, such as:
- a list of internet/Wifi resources;
- extensive tutorial guides provided on the Canvas student homepage; and
- anywhere computing - learn how you can virtually set up meetings with faculty and other students.
Please note that Phoenix College will not be providing in-person services on campus until further notice. Information about how you can access college services will be available on our website in the coming days. Should local health authorities or other government officials mandate a different policy allowing the opening of campuses, you will be notified.
Dr. Larry Johnson
President, Phoenix College