IN-PERSON AND HYBRID CLASSES TEMPORARILY POSTPONED
The following is an email sent out to Phoenix College students on 3/23/20. We are sharing this here in case you missed this communication and would like to share it with friends, family, students, etc. Below is the message sent from Dr. Johnson himself.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility during these uncertain and challenging times.
- In-person and hybrid classes are temporarily postponed and will convert to online instruction on Monday, April 6, 2020.
- If you are currently enrolled in any in-person/hybrid courses, your instructor(s) will be contacting you with further instructions.
- To make it easier for you to stay connected and access your online/hybrid classes, see our list of internet/WiFi solutions and learn from extensive tutorial guides provided on the Canvas student homepage
- Current online classes will continue as scheduled.
- College student support services are only available remotely or virtually.
Continue to check your email regularly, your instructors will provide you with information on how your classes will be conducted and how you will access your assignments/exams.
If you are experiencing concerns about your health and well being, food or housing insecurity, financial stress, or anxiety -- you are not alone! We are available to help.
Support Services & Community Resources:
- Online Study Tools
- Housing & Shelter:
- Food Resources
- Financial Hardship
- Loss of Employment - AZ Department of Economic Security
- Transportation Issues
- Child Care Support
- Personal Care
- Stress & Anxiety
We are adding more resources on a regular basis to assist you in meeting your individual needs. Please reference the Basic Needs Assistance website for more information during these difficult times.
The staff and faculty at Phoenix College are diligently working to continue to provide high-quality learning experiences and support for you as you continue your academic journey. We are able to assist you virtually (e.g., online, phone, email, etc.). You can access the majority of our services, tools, and connect with staff for additional support here.
For your convenience, we have set up different ways to contact Phoenix College staff if you have specific questions regarding your schedule or anything regarding your academic experience. While the physical campus is closed, Phoenix College staff are available remotely Monday-Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm You can reach us three ways during these times:
Note: You can also reference the Maricopa COVID-19 website or our new virtual services web page https://www.phoenixcollege.edu/about/we-are-here-help
Dr. Larry Johnson
President, Phoenix College