The Federal Work-Study Program is a need-based financial aid program that is available to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by FAFSA results. If qualified, you must seek employment on campus and be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours in a semester. Funds are limited and are available on a first come first served basis...
- You must seek employment and secure a job on campus. Contact Career Services for assistance locating a job or check the online FWS Job Postings Here .
- Students who on are Maximum Timeframe are now eligible for FWS based on their need/eligibility.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credits hours in a semester to receive Federal Work-Study.
- Federal Work-Study earning should be monitored by both the employing department and the student to ensure that earnings do not exceed the work-study allocation.
- You may work up to twenty (20) hours per week.
- Effective Spring 2018, Pay Rate is $10.50 per hour.
- Your paychecks are processed bi-weekly and funds earned may be used to pay your educational expenses.
- Funds and employment positions are limited and are available on a first come first served basis.
- Complete a Phoenix College FWS Request Form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office. The form is available at the Financial Aid Office.
- The Financial Aid Office will award you Federal Work-Study and inform you of your eligibility via your message center.
- If you are eligible for Federal Work-Study and you are NEW to the Federal Work-Study program, please visit the Career Services to review the current work-study job openings on campus.
- You will complete a first-time orientation at the Career Services
- The Career Services will provide you the contact information for the department in which you are interested in working. The department will interview you.
- Your supervisor will notify you when you can begin working.
Supervisor-FWS Hiring Process
- Complete the FWS Information Request Form. It may take 2-3 days for Financial Aid to provide you the student's Federal Work Study eligibility. On the email I will provide to you the award amount for the term you are going to hire the student, pay rate, start/ends dates, and CFS codes.
- The student should not begin working until the hiring process is complete.
- You the supervisor will be responsible for informing the student when they can begin work.