Prospective students may apply online to the program of study. All applications must be submitted by the deadline along with all supporting documentation as specified below.
Deadline: In order to qualify for program admission, applications must be submitted at least 5 business days (Monday through Friday) prior to the start of the respective semester in which the student plans to enroll.
- Phoenix College Admission: Complete the general enrollment application for Phoenix College by setting up your student account and designating your major or plan of study as the Health Information: Long Term Care CCL. Complete the required placement tests. If you already have a college degree from an accredited college or university you may not need to re-test.
- Official Transcripts: Request official transcripts from each school that you will use for transfer credits. Request evaluation from Admissions & Records of all non-Maricopa Community Colleges transcripts.
- Program Application: Complete and submit the online application form. Applications that have missing items will not be reviewed and will be returned to the applicant.
All of the following items must be submitted by the application deadlines specified above to be considered for admission to the LTC CCL program.
- Completed CCL Application
- Transfer Credit (if applicable): Submit official college transcripts from qualifying educational institutes to the Phoenix College Admissions Department for evaluation.
Additional Admission Information
- Enrollment numbers are limited
- Cohort Start Dates
- Full-time students: Fall or Spring semester
- Part-time students: Fall or Spring semester
- HIM courses must be taken in sequence according to pre and/or co-requisite requirements.
- HIM courses are available in a variety of formats including:
- Evening classes (start at or after 6 pm)
- Online classes (available only through the internet)
- Hybrid classes (combination of evening and online classes)
- Advanced placement is available depending on documentation of health information experience or prior education at regionally accredited colleges/universities. See Program Director for more information.
- Some HIM courses may be offered only once a year. Please be sure to follow the appropriate Cohort Schedule for your program of study.
Disclaimer: Application process and requirements are subject to change without notice.