The Human Resources Management Program provides the skills necessary for careers in human resources management. This program allows students the flexibility of completing a series of courses with an emphasis in management and prepares students for an entry-level position in human resources.
A manager in the field of human resources may plan, direct, or coordinate human resources activities and staff of an organization. Occupational areas include: Employment (recruiting, interviewing, and hiring), Benefits Administration, Compensation and Employee Relations. Phoenix College offers human resources courses that can prepare you for successful entry into this growing field.
Skills and Knowledge
PC’s program is designed to develop your skills in areas such as planning, organization, business communication, accounting and finance, human resources, sales and marketing.
Skills and knowledge gained in the program include the ability to:
- Describe leadership styles and differentiate among power, authority, accountability, empowerment, and delegation.
- Design job advertisements and follow reporting requirements in employment advertising.
- Design and conduct applicant interviews, evaluate interview results, comply with legal requirements for conducting interviews, and obtain applicant reference checks.
- Monitor compliance with federal employment regulations concerning Immigration Reform and Control Act and Selective Service.
- Describe the major components of a wage and salary administration system.