With the impact of technology on the design fields, designers are required to have both artistic and computer skills. The Graphic Design and Media Arts programs acquaint the student with artistic principles while developing each student's ability to solve problems and create on the computer. Phoenix College offers a wide variety of programs in this exciting field including: Computer Graphic Design, Computer Art/ Illustration, Digital Animation, Digital Imaging, Web Page Design, and Digital Photography.
The Phoenix College Media Arts: Digital illustration program is designed for the student who wishes to develop an area of specialization in Computer Art/Illustration. The program acquaints the student with art principles and assists the students in developing their abilities to solve design and compositional problems as related to the art. It allows for the development of an individual's personal interest in this area, prepares students for employment, and upgrades skills of those already employed in this field.
Knowledge and Skills
Skills and knowledge gained in the program include the ability to:
- Produce an animation to video project that uses a storyboard, character construction, direct animation, and electronic video.
- Compile a digital video animation portfolio of selected animation projects which include a title screen, a menu screen, and original graphics.
- Execute animation(s) using advanced techniques to create 3-D architectural and character models with original text and special effects.
- Assemble, construct, produce, and present a video sequence using digital composition methods.
- Market a product or prepare a portfolio of art and graphics for self-promotion.
Career and Employment Outlook
Employment opportunities are included in multimedia such as illustrator, artist, designer, paste-up artist, freelance artist-designer, graphic design artist, or multimedia artist.
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage, and employment trend information.