How Do I apply for the Program?
- In addition to the general enrollment Steps, the following steps are required in order to complete the application process into this program.
- Meet with a Healthcare Advisor
- Complete the Program Prerequisite Course - HCC145AA, Medical Terminology
- Schedule Immunizations and Obtain Required Documentation
- Review SAMPLE Application (in the download section)
- Apply for the Spring 2023 Phlebotomy Program
- Acceptance is not guaranteed, admission to the program is a competitive process, based on completeness of the application requirements, grades in prerequisite courses and quality of essays submitted by the application submission deadline.
Questions about the application process? View this helpful video: Applying for the Program
What is the Schedule for the Phlebotomy Program?
Please see the Downloads section of the Program website to view the current and upcoming Program Schedules. The program is 16 weeks, including a 120 hour clinical externship. Please note because of COVID, externship dates may be delayed or completely canceled.
Every effort will be made to place students in clinical externship but externship dates may be delayed indefinitely depending on the current public health situation.
In the event of clinical externship delay or cancelation, virtual clinical externships with completely online coursework, will be required to complete the program and obtain a certificate of completion.
Schedule Immunizations and Obtain Required Documentation
- Schedule immunizations or produce valid records and complete the Program Immunizations and Health and Safety Form (found within the Download section of the program webpage).
- Obtain CPR certification (BLS or healthcare provider or professional rescuer level). MUST have a hands-on component.
- Obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card from Arizona Department of Public Safety (approximate cost, $80).
Proof of Immunizations and Signed Health and Safety Form
CPR certification - Helpful CPR information
- CPR card (must be BLS level or healthcare provider level or professional rescuer level)
- Questions about the CPR Card Requirement? CPR Info
Fingerprint Clearance Card - How to Obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Level 1 Fingerprint clearance card - Fingerprint clearance card information
- Questions about the Fingerprint Clearance Card? Fingerprint Card Info
Questions about Education Documentation? Click Here
Questions about the Health and Safety Documentation Form? Health and Safety Info
- Students admitted into the program will be required to complete a urine drug screening test (approximate cost, $58).
- Students conditionally admitted into the program will be required to complete, and pass, a supplemental MCCCD background check (approximate cost $67) prior to formal acceptance into the program.
- Students conditionally admitted into the program will be required to keep track of their health and safety documentation electronically through a Compliance Tracker, at the cost of approximately $25 for the year, prior to formal acceptance into the program.
- Students conditionally admitted into the program will be required to complete online clinical orientation modules to prepare for clinical externship, at the cost of approximately $40 for the year, prior to formal acceptance into the program.
- Students conditionally admitted into the program will be required to obtain a seasonal flu vaccination, prior to the start of clinical externship, depending on the time of year.
Questions about the Application Process and Notification? View Video