How Do I apply for the Program?
- In addition to the general Enrollment Steps, the following steps are required in order to complete the application process into this program.
- Meet with a Healthcare Advisor
- Complete the Program Prerequisite Courses HCC130 and HCC145AA
- Schedule Immunizations and Obtain Required Documentation
- Review SAMPLE Application (in the download section)
- Submit Application for Spring 2020 Phlebotomy Program
- Acceptance is not guaranteed, admission to the program is a competitive process, based on completeness of the application requirements, grades in prerequisite courses and quality of essays submitted by the application submission deadline.
Questions about the application process? View this helpful video: Applying for the Program
What is the Schedule for the Phlebotomy Program?
Please see the Downloads section of the Program website to view the current and upcoming Program Schedules. The program is 17 weeks, including a 160 hour clinical externship.
Schedule Immunizations and Obtain Required Documentation
Schedule immunizations or produce valid records and complete the Program Immunizations and Health and Safety Form (found within the Download section of the program webpage).
Obtain CPR certification (BLS or healthcare provider or professional rescuer level). MUST have a hands-on component.
Obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card from Arizona Department of Public Safety (approximate cost, $80).
CPR certification - Helpful CPR information
Fingerprint Clearance Card - How to Obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card
Questions about Education Documentation? Click Here
Proof of Immunizations and Signed Health and Safety Form
Questions about the Health and Safety Documentation Form? Click Here
CPR card (must be BLS level or healthcare provider level or professional rescuer level)
Questions about the CPR Card Requirement? Click Here
Level 1 Fingerprint clearance card - Fingerprint clearance card information
Questions about the Fingerprint Clearance Card? Click Here
Students admitted into the program will be required to complete a urine drug screening test (approximate cost, $58).
Students conditionally admitted into the program will be required to complete, and pass, a supplemental MCCCD background check (approximate cost $67) prior to formal acceptance into the program.
Students conditionally admitted into the program will be required to keep track of their health and safety documentation electronically through a Compliance Tracker, at the cost of approximately $25 for the year, prior to formal acceptance into the program.
Students conditionally admitted into the program will be required to complete online clinical orientation modules to prepare for clinical externship, at the cost of approximately $37 for the year, prior to formal acceptance into the program.
Students conditionally admitted into the program will be required to obtain a seasonal flu vaccination, prior to the start of clinical externship, depending on the time of year.
Questions about the Application Process and Notification? Click Here