The Small Business Start-Up program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who wish to become entrepreneurs. Courses provide a background in marketing, management, finance, and a capstone course in which students complete a business plan. The goal of the Small Business Start-Up certificate is to create a foundation for prospective small business owners and contribute to the long-term success of the business community
Skills and Knowledge
Skills and knowledge gained in the program include the ability to:
- Career potential/possibilities
- Provides students with an opportunity to gain a better understanding of the general operation of a small business.
- Provides students with the knowledge to start a small business, generate positive profit margins, and potentially develop the ability to sustain a successful small business operation.
- Career pathways to advance degree
- Upon completion of the course, students can receive 9 credit hours.
- Credits are transferrable to all schools within the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD), and most other colleges and universities.
- Overall educational experience
- Tremendous business opportunity to network with other entrepreneurs.
- Networking opportunities provide students with other business ideas.
- Understanding the operational, marketing, and financial components of the business plan enables students to enter any business arrangement with a understanding business and operations management.