Service-Learning is a teaching and learning method that combines class content with organized community service experiences on campus and in the local community.
Pillars of Service Learning
- Service must meet a community need
- Service must be connected to classroom material
- Have a reflection assignment after service
Types of Service Learning
- In Class Module
- Independent Class 282 Module
- One-Time Events
Examples of Service Learning
- Address hunger on college campuses.
- Serve at Pueblo Grande Art Museum
- Do tutoring at a local elementary school
About Student Life & Leadership:
The Phoenix College Service
Learning Coordinator and Student Life & Leadership staff are
committed to helping you streamline
the Service Learning process and making LESS hassle for you.
Student Union Building Phoenix College Main Campus