"On Time Registration" applies to all courses.
Learning starts from day one. Students must register for classes prior to the first class meeting. Learn more on the Registration page . Follow the steps below to become enrolled at Phoenix College and ensure your success as a student and member of the campus community.
Step 1: Get Admitted
Phoenix College's open admission policy means that anyone can attend Phoenix College who: is a high school graduate; has earned a GED; is at least 18 years old and not attending high school, OR a high school student who has the permission of a parent and the Phoenix College Admission office.
Create MEID Account at: my.maricopa.edu
Create an Account online at my.maricopa.edu & obtain your MEID. Your MEID is the username that you will use to access your Student Center, Student Information System and Canvas.
New to my.maricopa.edu? Download an Easy Reference Guide
APPLY - Complete Student Admissions Application
If you are new to Phoenix College, or if you have not taken classes in the past four (4) semesters, you must complete or update your Student Information Form before registering.
ONLINE – Go to my.maricopa.edu > Sign into your Student Center > Click on Admissions and follow on screen directions.
IN PERSON – Bring completed form to the Hannelly One-Stop Enrollment Center. You will also need documentation to verify your citizenship and residency status.
Enrollment Checklist & Map
Step 2: Take the Placement Test
Course placement tests help to determine proper course selection.
If you are new to college and plan to earn an associates degree or transfer to a four-year institution, you will need to take placement tests to help determine proper course selection.
PREPARING FOR THE TEST
You may want to review one of the sample tests below.
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF documents.
- ACCUPLACER test sample questions (English & Reading: All Student)
- CELSA test sample questions (ESL & International Students)
- www.math.com (All Students)
ABOUT THE TEST
The purpose of the ACCUPLACER/course placement tests is to provide you with useful information about your academic skills in math, English and reading.
Placement tests are provided at NO CHARGE to students. You cannot "pass" or "fail" the placement tests, but it is very important that you do your very best on these tests so that you will have an accurate measure of your academic skills.
Download the District-wide Course Placement Chart
DAY OF THE TEST
In order to take your course placement test you must bring with you a valid and current State Issued Photo Identification and your Maricopa Student ID number.Note: If you are not a MCCCD student, create a student ID number online at My.maricopa.edu.
Testing Services is located in the Hannelly Center - HC Building on the lower level.
Step 3: Academic Advisement, Register for Classes, Attend New Student Orientation
If you are new to college and planning to complete a degree or transfer to a university, you are required to attend BearTrax.
Students attending a BearTrax session receive group academic advisement. They will learn how to navigate their online My.maricopa.edu student account, activate their gmail account, search for classes, learn about degree programs, services and resources, and register for classes. Students leave BearTrax with a class schedule in hand.
Visit the BearTrax page to view a list of available sessions.
All new to college students must attend My College Orientation on:
- Thursday, August 18, 2016 (section #41382) or,
- Saturday, August 20, 2016 (section #19496).
Students register for My College Orientation during Bear Trax
At My College Orientation, students will learn about all the resources available to them as new college students. Students will also be able to tour the campus, meet faculty and staff, locate your classrooms before classes start in the Fall, and meet new students.
If you need assistance, call the Contact Center at 602.285.7777 or visit the Welcome Center in the Hannelly Center.
Continuing students should see an academic advisor in the Hannelly Center to determine their proper course selection based on their program of study or major.
There are Several Ways to Register!
Choose a method that is convenient for you.
After meeting with your academic advisor and completing your Individual Academic Plan, complete the following steps:
- Log into your student account at my.maricopa.edu
- Click Add a Class under Academics
- Select Term (semester), Program (credit/noncredit), and Phoenix College
- Click Search for Classes
- Select classes that follow your academic plan.
Operator Assisted Registration — 602.285.7777
Available Monday–Thursday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (hours may vary during semester breaks, summer, and holidays).
Students may register in person in the Hannelly Center (HC).
* Some restrictions may apply.
Step 4: Pay Tuition and Fees
There are Several Ways to Pay:
Tuition and fees are due by the deadlines published in your Online Student Center at My.maricopa.edu.
- ONLINE — Pay online with a credit or debit card. Access your student center and. Click on "make a payment" under the Finances section.
- MAIL — Mail payment to: Phoenix College / Cashier's Office / 1202 West Thomas Road / Phoenix, AZ 85013. Please allow 7–10 business days for mail and processing time (no cash please).
- PHONE — Call 602.285.7522 during regular business hours. Credit card payments only.
- IN PERSON at the Cashiers Office located in the Hannelly Enrollment Center. Pay with cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express).
The online Net Price Calculator estimates the ANNUAL cost of attendance.
Student Tuition Payment Plan
Generally, the earlier you enroll in a plan, the more payment options you have - including a lower down payment!Phoenix College offers a convenient online Student Tuition Installment Payment Plan.
Enroll - Student Tuition Payment Plan
Note: Click on the link above for complete information, or log in to your personalized student center at My.maricopa.edu, then click on "payment options" under the Finances section.
- Payment due dates are determined by the start date of each class. Tuition and fees are due 35 days prior to the start of class and may be paid as soon as you register, or official payment arrangements such as the Student Tuition Payment Plan must be made before the due date. Please check your personalized student center atMy.maricopa.edu to access your payment due dates.
Fee Payment Deadlines
- (Click on "Charges Due" under your "Account Summary" for a complete summary by due date of the charges that you owe.) If you do not make a payment by your due date, your enrollment may be canceled. Withdrawal from courses is the responsibility of the student; automatic withdrawal is not guaranteed. Refund information is available at the Cashiers office.
- Students are required to provide proof of citizenship or legal status in order to be eligible to be charged in-state/in-county rates. Read more about how Arizona residency requirements may affect you.