Technology Help & Support Resources
NEW! Now open, Phoenix College’s Student Help Desk!
Location: Library, south-west corner of the main level
Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm and Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
What assistance is provided?
Mobile device support
Phone, tablet, and computer support for student devices, including Android, Apple, and Windows
Software support including:
Google Apps for Education, Microsoft Office 365, and Adobe Creative Cloud
Virus, Spyware, and Malware investigation, removal, or referral
Online & Phone Support
Maricopa Online Student Center and Canvas Online Support Chat is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They are available to help with issues related to access (creating accounts, resetting passwords, trouble printing transcripts, etc.), Student Gmail, and Canvas. You may also call 1-888-994-4433 for additional support, or submit a helpdesk ticket. Self help resources for most college technologies can also be found on My.Maricopa.
College Computing Resources
Our Learning Commons and Library offer free access to computers, collaboration rooms, WIFI and study areas. The facility also includes printers, scanners, webcams and various course related software. See the IT Software Catalog for a list of software available in computer labs.
MyInfo Web App
Use the MyInfo app to access class schedules, required books, grades, ID card printing balances, and more from any device.
Getting Started with College Technology
- Phoenix College Online Student Technology Orientation (click to register)
- Policy for Use of Information Technologies
Support by Topic
Logins & Accounts
Student Email & Google Apps
The Maricopa Community Colleges use Google Gmail for student email services. This is a free, search-based webmail that can be used on most devices including phones. In addition, students have access to all of the Google Apps suite including Google Drive, Docs and more.
- Overview of Student Email
- Login to Student Email
- Forward your Student Email to other email addresses
- Learn Google Apps by product
- Login to Canvas
- Enroll in our Canvas Student Orientation to learn how to use it
- Search the Canvas Guides for general help
- Use the Maricopa Student Canvas Support site for commonly asked questions
- Learn the basic Canvas Steps for Success
- Review the Canvas and Computer Skills for helpful tips
- Search the Canvas Mobile Guides to access and use the Canvas mobile Apps
- Clearing the cache from Mozilla Firefox
- Clearing the cache from Google Chrome
- Disabling pop-up blockers in Mozilla Firefox
- Disabling pop-up blockers in Google Chrome
- Enabling cookies in Mozilla Firefox
- Enabling cookies in Google Chrome
PC offers free wireless Internet to all students through either our BearNet-Student (MEID required; full access) or CubNet-Guest (open; web browsing only) networks. Instructions for connecting to our network.
Free & Discounted Software for Students
Great software at little to no cost!
- Grammarly (login required to obtain access information)
- Microsoft Office 365 for Students
- Apache Open Office
- Free Software for Students (including Libre Office)
- The LifeHacker Pack for Students
- Microsoft DreamSpark
- College and University Student AutoDesk Software
- Adobe Creative Cloud Student & Teacher Edition - Monthly Subscription