The Fall 2020 Histology program has been canceled. The next available Histology Program will start January 2021.
In addition to the general Enrollment Steps, and before registering or paying for program courses, the following steps are required in order to complete the application process into this program.
Please note that the college does not guarantee all applicants to be accepted into the program due to limitations of clinical placements and classroom size. Admission to the program is based on a competitive evaluation process of application completeness, grades in the prerequisite courses, reference, and quality of essay responses.
**PLEASE NOTE - There is a change in prerequisite courses effective for admission to the Fall 2019 Program** (MAT140 or higher is now required)
Submit Health and Safety Documentation
Schedule immunizations or produce valid records and complete the Program Immunizations and Health Declaration Form. Obtain CPR certification (healthcare provider, BLS level, or professional rescuer level). Apply for a fingerprint clearance card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (approximate cost, $80).
Meet with a Healthcare Advisor
Make a registration appointment by calling a Healthcare Advisor, 602.285.7777. Bring the following to your appointment:
- Histologic Technology Program Application (Online Application for 2021 available in October 2020)
- Copy of HS Diploma or GED
- Assessment scores AND copies of college transcripts demonstrating proof of completed prerequisite courses
- Immunizations and Health and Safety Documentation Form
- CPR card (healthcare provider or professional rescuer level)
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card - Fingerprint Clearance Card Information
Students admitted into the program will be required to complete a drug screening test (approximate cost $85), a supplemental MCCCD background check (approximate cost $67), and a Health and Safety Compliance Tracker (approximate cost $25) after formal acceptance into the program.
Students conditionally admitted into the program will also be required to complete online clinical orientation modules to prepare for clinical externship, at the cost of approximately $40 for the year, after formal acceptance into the program.
Students conditionally admitted into the program will be required to obtain a seasonal flu vaccination, prior to the start of clinical externship, depending on the time of year.
*The next histology program will start January 2021. Applications for the 2021 histology program will become available in October 2020 and will be due December 18, 2020.
It is important to meet with an Advisor, to ensure you are prepared for the application process.
**PLEASE NOTE - There is a change in prerequisite course (MAT140) effective for admission to the Fall 2019 Program**
The application process is an online process.
*The Certificate program is only an option for an applicant who has completed an Associate in Applied Science.
Applicants must complete the following prerequisite courses prior to applying for the program:
HCC130, HCC145AA, BIO156, MAT140, CHM130/130LL, BIO201, BIO202, ENG101, ENG102, COM 100 or 110 or 225 or 230, and CRE101 (or exempt by assessment). The chemistry, biology, anatomy and physiology, and math courses must have been completed within the last 8 years.
**PLEASE NOTE - There is a change in the MAT prerequisite course effective for admission to the Fall 2019 Program**
If a student has completed related courses at a higher level, please contact the program director to discuss possible course substitutions for the prerequisite courses.
- HCC130 and HCC145AA may be waived for those candidates who have more than two years of relevant healthcare work experience.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed prior to applying for the program.
- Admission to the program is based on a competitive evaluation process of application completeness, grade point average in prerequisite courses, quality of essay, completeness of health and safety requirements, and quality of reference.