Who We Are
Mission- The Police Department supports the educational mission of Maricopa Community Colleges by providing professional, community-oriented services to ensure a safe and secure campus for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Department Vision- To be a model in providing ethical, effective, efficient, and value-oriented emergency preparedness, law enforcement, and public safety services within higher education.
Department Motto- Make a difference.
The primary role of the College Police Department is to provide assistance and campus protection to students, employees and visitors. Other services provided include:
- The safety of students, employees, and visitors.
- The protection of college and personal property.
- Immediate identification of safety hazards.
- Campus Incident Reporting
- Emergency Notification Procedures
- Managing Lost and Found Property
- Parking Decals
- Vehicle Jump Starts
- Professional law enforcement services
- Parking lot and traffic safety control for daily activities and special events
The department has a staff of 6 full-time College Police Officers and 8 part time College Police Safety Aides. The College Police Officers are certified Police Officers and therefore, are empowered with the authority to conduct investigations and make arrests.
On behalf of the men and women of the Maricopa County Community College's Police Department, it is our pleasure to welcome you to Phoenix Community College!
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) Police Department is a law enforcement agency that operates onsite, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Police personnel assigned to Phoenix Community College are available on campus to provide assistance or information, either in person or by phone. The MCCCD Police Department Office at Phoenix College is located in the Northeast side of the parking structure (Building S) on the main campus . The MCCCD Police Central Communications Center (dispatch) phone number is (480) 784-0900.
The department has a staff of Full Time Police Officers, Part Time Police Safety Aides and an Administrative Specialist Sr. The College Police Officers are certified Police Officers and therefore, are empowered with the authority to conduct investigations and make arrests under Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) Tittle 13-3883 and as further defined by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board.
We provide security for all five campuses of Phoenix Community Colleges; Nursing Center, Health Education Center (HE), Osborn Campus, main campus and Information Technology Institute (ITI). The MCCCD Police maintains an excellent working relationship with both the Phoenix Police and Phoenix Fire Departments.
The men and women of the Maricopa Community College Police Department are dedicated individuals who are committed to making a difference and supporting the educational mission of Phoenix Community College
Who Do I Call?
Emergency Police Related Calls 480.784.0911
- In-Progress Emergencies, Medical Emergencies
Non-Emergency 480.784.0900 (x4-0900)
- Requests to Unlock Doors
- Delayed Reporting
- Suspicious Activities
Non-Emergency 602.285.7254 (x5-7254)
- Parking Decals
- Lost/Found Property
- Parking Violations
- Misc. Information
Maricopa Community Colleges Police Department Website
- Maricopa Community College Police Department has primary law enforcement has primary law enforcement jurisdiction on all Maricopa properties and operates a state of the art police communications center 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
- For general information and non-emergency assistance, call 480.784.0900.
- For emergency assistance on all Maricopa Community Colleges properties, call 480.784.0911.
- Visit the Maricopa Community College Police Department website by Clicking Here