The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Entrepreneurial Studies Level II program is designed to prepare students to acquire additional skills, tools and knowledge necessary for successful venture opportunities. A Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Entrepreneurial Studies Level I is also available and fully embedded in this program.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses within the program.
This program replaces: CCL/5892 Business Micro Finance
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Explain entrepreneurship.
- Create planning activities required for the successful launch of a new venture.
- Identify venture opportunities.
- Evaluate feasibility of venture opportunities.
- Explore and evaluate funding opportunities.
- Create opportunities through innovation.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Arizona-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information.
General and Operations Managers
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|EPS150||Introduction to Entrepreneurship||Critical course Gateway course||3|
|EPS160||New Venture Creation||2|
|GBS/HEC132||Personal and Family Financial Security||3|
|EPS162 or |
|Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship or Business Start-Up and Planning||2–3|
Gateway Course = Generally the first major-specific course in a pathway.
Critical Course = A course that is highly predictive of future success in a pathway.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Entrepreneurial Studies Level II (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=167092).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. All previous catalog years for this pathway map are available at the link below.Previous catalog years for Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Entrepreneurial Studies Level II