The purpose of the Phoenix College Faculty Senate shall be to:
- To maintain and promote the standards and ideals of the profession;
- To serve as the voice of the faculty in shared governance;
- To protect and preserve academic freedom;
- To serve as the exclusive representative of the Phoenix College faculty to the college administration in academic and professional matters and policy development;
- To advise the College President on matters of importance to the college and faculty;
- To promote communication, collaboration, and education among the faculty and between the faculty and other groups;
- To provide an open forum for the free discussion of academic and professional issues.
Join the Faculty Association
The Faculty Association works to protect the rights of faculty to:
- Academic Freedom - Benefits - Complaints & Grievances - District Policies
- Employment Conditions - Indemnification - Intellectual Property Rights
- Legislative Agenda - Professional Growth - Salary - Tenure
For more information, please visit the MCCD Faculty Association website.