Motor Vehicle Driving Requirements
MCCCD employees at Phoenix College who drive district-owned vehicles must complete the following requirements:
- They must take and pass an online defensive driving training course (link is listed below under procedures).
- They must submit to an inquiry by College Police into their Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Driving History that shows a satisfactory driving record (instructions listed below under MVR).
- They shall view the Vehicle Usage Guidelines slideshow (link is listed under Vehicle Use Guidelines).
See Administrative Regulation 4.14.
Once these requirements are met the employee will be notified by Fleet Services that they are authorized to drive college vehicles.
- Subsequent MVR reviews will be conducted annually by College Police to ensure a satisfactory driving record.
- Employees must successfully complete the online defensive driving course every three years.
Defensive-Driving Training Course Procedures
Your first step is to register for the Maricopa Community College online driver training course by logging into Employee Learn Center using your MEID and password.
- Follow the instructions on this Quick Reference Guide to access the MCCCD Driver Training Program.
- In order to receive credit for completing this course, you must pass the final exam with a score of 80% or better. Your test score will be immediately available, and you may attempt the test as many times as necessary.
- Send an email to Rose Gilbert in Fleet Services when you have completed the course.
If you have questions or problems, feel free to contact the Center for Employee & Organizational development at 480.731.8209, firstname.lastname@example.org
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Review
Consent to a motor vehicle record review (MVR) conducted by College Police.
- Take your AZ driver's license to College Police and tell them you need an MVR review per driving requirements. They will make a copy of your driver's license and will provide you the required consent form to complete and sign. For hours of operation please contact Emma Martinez, 602.285.7955.
- MVR reviews are confidential and will be disclosed only to employees with a legitimate need to know this information.
- Once the MVR review is completed you will receive an email notification from Fleet Services. When you have met all other requirements you will be authorized to drive a college vehicle.
If you have a driving history record that precludes you from driving a college vehicle, Fleet Services will notify you. See Conditions for Disqualification from Operating a District Vehicle (also available from College Police)