On September 13, 1920, Phoenix College (PC) opened its doors with 18 aspiring students; forever changing the educational landscape of Phoenix. PC’s founders adopted an open admissions policy, offering unparalleled access to higher education for everyone seeking to improve their lives through learning. A multicultural and diverse student population has become one of the hallmarks of Phoenix College.
Over the past 101 years, nearly one million students have passed through the doors of Phoenix College. Many alumni go on to complete professional certifications, advanced degrees, and launch businesses across the Valley. Today’s students are tomorrow's business and community leaders! No in-person celebration is planned this year, but below are a number of ways to celebrate Founders’ Day:
1. Watch the History of PC Video.
2. Listen to PC students recite the Founding Educational Philosophy
3. Hear PC alumna Stella Pope Duarte talk about writing the History of PC Book
4. Buy the History of PC coffee table book as a keepsake or as a gift
5. Make a gift supporting the Founders’ Day Student Emergency Fund to help keep students enrolled and on track.
6. Share your story! Your genuine story of struggle, tragedy, and triumph, can unlock the power within others to do the same.