Requirements for Testing - what should I bring with me?
- Phoenix College MEID or Student Number - If you haven't been admitted to the college, please navigate to https://admissions.maricopa.edu/ and submit the Student Admissions Application prior to taking your placement test.
- Current, valid photo identification
- If you've attended high school within the last ten years, please bring a copy of your HS transcript that includes a cumulative, unweighted GPA (either official or unofficial will satisfy placement requirements)
Maricopa Community Colleges are committed to providing students with opportunities for successful academic experiences. As student academic achievement is directly related to the proper initial course placement, all new students are required to complete appropriate placement testing. MCCCD has adopted Accuplacer Next Generation exams for placement into English, Reading and Math courses, and CELSA for placement into our English as a Second Language Courses..
- English Courses
- Reading Courses
- Math Courses
Are you attending college for the first time or enrolling in college-level English, reading or math classes for the first time?
- Students who are new to college or those without college-level credits in English, reading or math are required to complete placement testing in all three subject areas in a single test session. Since the test is not timed you can give each question as much thought as you wish. In general, taking all three tests will take 2.5 - 3 hours. Testing Services is located in the lower-level of the Hannelly Center
Have you earned college-level credits in English, reading or math but not all three subjects? Have you taken the placement test within the last two years?
- Students who have earned college credit in English, reading or math; or who wish to retest may test in a single subject area.
Do you plan to attend Phoenix College but live outside of Maricopa County??
- PC Testing Services is happy to set up a voucher that will allow you to take the mandatory placement test closer to home. Please navigate to this website, complete the form, we will respond to your college email within three business days.
- We strongly encourage students to prepare prior to taking the Accuplacer placement exam, you will find many resources on our website.
Retake your placement exam
You may retake the placement exam for English, reading or math once (after a 24 hour waiting period). It is important, however, to prepare properly and do your best on the test from the start.