Please Note: To support students MCCCD has adopted the following placement modifications in response to COVID-19
Accuplacer & Celsa scores are now valid for 5 years from the date the test was completed.
Qualified, self-reported High School GPA, ACT, SAT, and GED scores may be used for placement, submit your information through this MCCCD Dynamic Form
Maricopa Community Colleges are committed to providing students with opportunities for successful academic experiences. As student academic achievement is directly related to the proper initial course placement, all new students are required to place into initial English, Reading and Math Courses using an approved placement tool, please refer to the MCCCD Course Placement Chart for placement details. MCCCD has adopted both EdReady and Accuplacer Next Generation exams for placement.
Our Placement Coach uses the measures listed above to provide you with course recommendations. You are encouraged to share your results with your advisor when you begin the enrollment process. Once you have explored your possible placement, make sure you submit evidence of your scores using the chart above.
EdReady Placement Tests are now available at the Maricopa EdReady site. You may use the results from EdReady at any of the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges. Student instructions and a video guide is available to assist you in setting up your account. It is very important that you enter your information accurately when creating your account. These results will be uploaded within two business days, and can be used to register for English, reading and math courses.
What will I need to take the EdReady Placement Tests?
- Phoenix College MEID - If you haven't been admitted to the college, please navigate to https://admissions.maricopa.edu/ and submit the Student Admissions Application prior to taking your placement test.
- If you've....
- Attended high school within the last ten years, please log in to this website with your MEID and password and submit a copy of your HS transcript that includes a cumulative, unweighted GPA - you may be able to use them for course placement
- Taken the ACT/SAT or GED within the last five years, please please log in to this website with your MEID and password and submit a copy of your test scores - you may be able to use them for course placement
Please review the information below prior to taking any EdReady Placement Test:
Maricopa Community Colleges are committed to providing students with opportunities for successful academic experiences. As student academic achievement is directly related to the proper initial course placement, all new students are required to place into initial English, Reading and Math Courses using an approved placement tool, please refer to the MCCCD Course Placement Chart for placement details. MCCCD has adopted both EdReady and Accuplacer Next Generation exams for placement into English, Reading and Math courses, and CELSA for placement into our English as a Second Language Courses..
- English Courses
- Reading Courses
- EdReady Exam Instructions
- EdReady College Reading Placement - for placement into ALT100 and RDG100
- EdReady Critical Reading and Criticial Thinking Placement - for placement into CRE101 or to test Exempt from CRE101
- Math Courses
- EdReady Exam Instructions
- EdReady Quantitative Reasoning Alg and Stats Placement - for placement into MAT141/142 & MAT155/156
- EdReady College Algebra - for placement into MAT140/141/142, MAT150/151/152, MAT182 (if concurrently enrolled in MAT150,151,152), MAT187
- Accuplacer Next Generation: Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra & Statistics
- Accuplacer Next Generation: Advanced Algebra & Functions
Are you attending college for the first time or enrolling in college-level English, reading or math classes for the first time?
- Students who do not have a qualifying High School GPA, ACT, SAT or GED and are new to college or those without college-level credits in English, reading or math are required to complete placement testing in all three subject areas. During the pandemic, students may access EdReady from any computer with internet access. The program is available 24 hrs day/7 days a week. Since the test is not timed you can give each question as much thought as you wish. In general, each exam will take approximately 1 hour to complete
Have you earned college-level credits in English, reading or math but not all three subjects? Have you taken the placement test within the last two years?
- Students who have earned college credit in English, reading or math; or who wish to retest may test in a single subject area.
Do you plan to attend Phoenix College and need to take the placement test but live outside of Maricopa County??
- PC Testing Services is happy to set up a voucher that will allow you to take the mandatory placement test closer to home. Please navigate to this website, complete the form, we will respond to your college email within three business days.
- We strongly encourage students to prepare prior to taking their Accuplacer or EdReady placement exam, you will find many resources.
Retake your placement exam
Students who complete an EdReady Placement Exam, may work on the recommended Study Paths, and posts tests to increase their score, you will not need to retake the whole test. When the college is reopened, you may retake the Accuplacer placement exam for English, reading or math once (after a 24 hour waiting period). It is important, however, to prepare properly and do your best on the test from the start.