The Eric Fischl Scholars Program (EFSP) was launched in fall 2009 in collaboration with contemporary American artist and Phoenix College alumnus Eric Fischl. The program, which is the first of its kind at a community college, focuses on increasing the number of students pursuing an Associate of Arts Degree in Fine Art at Phoenix College in preparation for university transfer. Primary goals of the program include:
- Identify and recruit talented students, including graduating high school seniors, to compete for entrance into the Eric Fischl Scholars Program. Once selected as Fischl Scholars, students may be eligible to remain in the program until they complete requirements for the Associate in Arts Fine Arts Degree.
- Increase the number of students completing an Associate in Arts – Fine Arts Degree at Phoenix College.
- Prepare students for transfer to a University.
- Provide financial assistance (up to $1,500 per semester / $3,000 per year) to students in the program.
- Promote community service.
- Academic and professional mentorship:
The 2020-21 Fischl Scholars application cycle is open. Please complete the online application using the link below.