The Eric Fischl Scholars Program (EFSP) was launched in fall 2009 in collaboration with contemporary American artist and Phoenix College alumnus Eric Fischl. The program, which is the first of its kind at a community college, focuses on increasing the number of students pursuing an Associate of Arts Degree at Phoenix College in preparation for university transfer. Primary goals of the program include:
- Identify and recruit talented students, including graduating high school seniors, to compete for entrance into the Eric Fischl Scholars Program.
- Increase the number of students completing an Associate in Arts Degree at Phoenix College.
- Provide financial assistance (up to $2,000 per semester / $4,000 per year) to students in the program.
- Prepare students for transfer to a University.
- Promote community service.
- Provide academic and professional mentorship.
The 2022-23 Fischl Scholars application cycle is OPEN. Please complete the online application using the link below.